Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's just money

Promoting the Fantastic Four sequel: 20th Century Fox "hired the Franklin Mint, a private company that manufactures scale models, statuettes, pocket knives, medallions and collectibles, to place a full-color image of the Silver Surfer, complete with Web address, on the backs of 40,000 California statehood quarters." I was about to agree with Nikke Finke on this -- lame? maybe illegal? -- but if "collectors have paid as much as $149" for these on eBay, maybe not. Probably not. Yeah: definitely not.

4 comments:

HighJive said...

Someone should supplement the little-used Jefferson Two-Dollar bill with a Fantastic Four-Dollar Bill.

Anonymous said...

My disdain for sequels is matched, perhaps even exceeded by my hatred for Finke.

Irene Done said...

Then you must have enjoyed her instant review of the Huffington Post, when she infamously pronounced the site to be DOA. Do you hate her opinions or her writing or all the eccentricity? I get all that but still actually like reading her blog.

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t mind self-promotion, just as long as it’s backed up with skillz. Some of her opt-ed pieces I’ve read–which sent me over the edge, and which I can’t recall now—made me think she doesn’t know wtf she’s talking about. Another problem I have is any columinst posting something without allowing feedback or comments. Feels kinda elitist. I also think one could get the same info she quotes from Box Office Mojo or Variety, yet Drudge quotes her like Jesus himself.

Other than that? She’s ok.

;-p