Saturday, December 18, 2004

A triumphant return

Just outside Dallas last night, people waited in line for 2 1/2 hours to a watch a movie -- at a new drive-in theater. It's a fun story and, although you have to wonder why the owners chose December to open, I'm glad for them. But half way through the article, one movie-goer says, "You go to the movie theater, and people tell you to sit down or be quiet or other things. Here, you can run wild." And to him, I say, "Yes. PLEASE stay at the drive-in and run wild. Because most people actually prefer a theater audience that sits down and stays quiet." I go to fewer and fewer movies these days precisely because I'm irritated by how noisy people are in theaters. And I'm not talkin' kids. Grown adults seem to think the movie theater is just like their living room. Or a drive-in.

No comments: