Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Is it Melinda?

Ryan Seacrest has just promised us the most shocking result ever on Idol and suddenly I'm afraid for my favorite.

7:36: Are you following along with Idolator's live-blog? Best observation so far -- "Ben Stiller's voice: Better than Sanjaya's?"

7:37: Whew! Melinda's safe. Let's celebrate with some Sarah Vaughan!

7:51: Blake's safe. His charm eludes me. Is he not Earl Mott from Ruthless People?

8:35: Idolator thinks that "Kelly Clarkson seems to have gotten dressed somewhere in Boca Raton in 1968." I'm kinda hoping that's a Uli dress, just so all my favorite reality worlds can collide.

8:39: LaKisha's safe. That has to mean Jordin is going home, right?

8:41: Isn't this the song Elliott sang last season? Even if it isn't, I'd rather listen to Elliott than watch this creepy Celine-Elvis duet. Stop re-animating the dead! Just stop!

8:44: Madonna!

8:48: I'm an hour and 48 mintues into this thing and I haven't given into cynicism. I just don't see why Idol Gives Back could be a bad thing. But I am switching back and forth between this and Wednesday Night Fights on ESPN2. You too?

8:53: Annie Lennox: Let's turn back and see if Jason Litzau is up yet.

8:59: If it's Jordin, I swear I am gonna cry big blubbery tears.

9:09: Goddammit! Althouse was right: no one goes home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie Lennox was born in Aberdeen,Scotland on December 25, 1954. Annie began playing music as child, learning how to play both the piano and flute.Annie's musical interest was evident to her parent from the time she was three years old...read more