Saturday, September 23, 2006

Prince would now like you to party like it's 1899

Ever since they stopped serving Cristal at 40/40, I've been at a complete loss as to what to order. You too? I thought so by the way you're holding that Courvoisier but of course I didn't want to say anything. I'm not rude!

Now there might be good news. I've recently seen -- in two separate gossip columns -- reports that Prince drinks port wine. These were not simply Prince sightings, but accounts so scrupulous they included beverage choice. Doesn't this mean there's a PR person working hard somewhere? I just never would have guessed it was all for port.

(Wait. Did everyone know this but me? Embarrassing! I'm headed to the Ghost Bar right now to ask about the Bishop of Gloucester.)

NEXT DAY UPDATE: Today, Norm Clarke adds this sighting: "Prince, ordering 40 shots of Patron tequila and a veggie burger at Tao (The Venetian) after showing up at 2:30 a.m. Saturday." Now I'm just confused.

No comments: