Friday, January 09, 2009

"It's the hangout for the celeb-crazy Disney set"

It's a tough time for retailers and I don't wish failure on any of them. But I don't know what to think about BeTween Scene : a "brightly colored shop for 6- to 12-year-olds, outfitted with Guitar Hero, Xbox 360, purses made out of Jonas Brothers magazine covers and paparazzi-ready mannequins that look dressed by Hollywood-stylist Rachel Zoe.... 'Our customer lives in the Park Cities, they go to school around here,' [owner Mary Kubera] says, while assisting after-school shoppers at her Inwood Village shop. 'And shopping is what they like to do.'"

I guess they better start doing more of it.

2 comments:

Suniverse said...

I guess I'd better get there with my future Victoria Beckham. Do they sell anorexia?

Irene Done said...

Fresh out of anorexia but -- good news! -- all this month, they're running a special on bulimia.