Thursday, January 22, 2009

No wonder Mickey Drexler was in such a good mood

Remember about a week ago at that Financo event when Burt Tansky pretty much got his ass handed to him by the J.Crew CEO? "The world is not about overpriced designer goods anymore," Drexler said and that made me sad for Neiman's. Maybe even wistful. Yeah. The whole thing was just brutal.

Now it's easy to see why Mickey Drexler was so sure about his company's direction. Aren't they the big Inauguration Day winners? Yes they are!

2 comments:

Suniverse said...

I did like the girls' coats quite a bit. If most of their clothing would work that well . . .

Irene Done said...

The girls did look cute. You know, I have never even been inside a JCrew store. There's no particular reason (well, except that they don't seem to sell the George Costanza "I give up" sweatpants that I tend to favor). As much as I've read about Drexler, I should have at least checked out the stores. I'm sorta ashamed. But just sorta.