Thursday, February 16, 2006

My idea for a ratings bonanza

Johnny Weir is now the Paris Hilton of these Winter Olympics. Only mouthier. That is, he tells us, how he rocks it! Well, good for him.

And to NBC: good luck with all that.

Because, even with Johnny, no one's really watching. Which is why I, after the most superficial consideration and research, propose UFC as an official Olympic sport. Yes, I'm saying Ultimate Fighting can save the ratings.

Do it now, IOC. Pull the trigger. Get some James Irvin in your 2008 Summer Games and the world will not be able to turn away. Because nothing brings out a sense of national pride more than watching a fighter run up to a rival nation's athlete and deliver a flying knee to the face. Stirring! And really, who wouldn't tear up at that medal ceremony? My friends, THAT is must-see TV.

Ideas: I got a million of 'em.

2 comments:

Tony Daniel said...

Pretty good, but how about getting the Olympians to fight alligators! Also, some infrared cameras in the Olympic village sleeping quarters wouldn't hurt -- so many Big Brother moments, lost like tears in rain.

Irene Done said...

I bow to your genius.