Sunday, August 05, 2007

Giddy

The annual State Fair news cycle has begun! To review: it starts with a close-up look at Big Tex's clothes. This will be quickly followed by food news -- what are they gonna fry this year? Then back to Big Tex for the always dramatic installation. It never varies. These pre-Fair traditions must be observed. It's important.

And this year there's something extra special and new because sky rides are returning. Yeah: I don't why. Last month when I was walking around Fair Park, I saw the setup and was surprised to discover that the gondolas are each the size of a Mini Cooper. I'm not getting in.

Best to stay inside the Hall of State and contemplate the genius of George Dahl.

4 comments:

James-H said...

I don't know which is the better find: those Tex pics are great. But the carnytown blog is jaw-dropping. Always something good over here, Irene.

Irene Done said...

That is really nice of you to say.

Carnytown is absolutely the best place to get the latest news on Pig Scrambles.

And I might be wrong about those gondolas -- they seem bigger than Mini Coopers. Am I a coward?

Anonymous said...

I think I may have been in Carnytown Friday, if it was possible.

Irene Done said...

You were in the very heart of Carnytown.