Saturday, June 11, 2005

Mark Cuban to world: "Where's the love?"

He drives a nice car and he's president of the Dallas AV Club but still Mark Cuban is not popular with those NYTimes kids: "On his blog, Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, uses the personal pronoun 'I,' in one random sample, 92 times in 9 entries over a month." Cuban's latest idea is to place advertising on NBA player uniforms. After rolling their eyes and making a face at the suggestion, the Times then quotes a fan: "'I am sick and tired of advertising,' Peter Wallroth writes. '...If my sports teams start becoming advertisements I am going to have to really consider not watching them anymore.'"

This will surely be a blow, following the massive fan exodus after players started getting shoe deals and arenas started selling naming rights. Why, hardly anyone follows the sport anymore. Pete: get worked up about something else.

2 comments:

SuzanH said...

I shudder to think how many times I've used I on my blog.

I am so self-involved.

Irene Done said...

It's like people think their blogs are a personal journal or something.

Really, of all the reasons to make fun of Mark Cuban, first person usage ON A BLOG just didn't even make sense.

I woulda started with the hair.